Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Quick Update

I am moved in! The move itself was a little crazy, not that they're ever easy. The first day, which was supposed to be a piece of cake because we were so well prepared, took 8 hours. Oof. And the boyfriend crushed his thumb, making it nearly unusable the next day, so the next day was rather complicated. I ended up moving 90% of the truck with one of his friends (go me!), but it only took 5 hours. Go figure. Now we're just living among boxes until we can get the closet room (!) set up. Anyway, the house. It's fantastic. It's on a quiet little street in Lancaster, with the exception of the school kids who walk by every morning at 7:30. Note to school kids: it's 7:30. Use your indoor voices. It has a dining room, living room, BIG kitchen, three bedrooms upstairs, a finished attic, and a partially finished basement. Plus, it came with a huge grill, which makes me super excited, and we have kind of a giant backyard. I love living downtown, and I love drinking a glass of wine on the back steps on a pretty evening.

Lemme see, what else? The half-marathon training is going well, although my ankle is CRANKY. I got some new shoes today, so hopefully that will help a little bit. Seriously though, why do they discontinue my shoe design every time I want to buy new ones? Anyway...

Oh, and a new blog that I'm loving is Oh She Glows. It has a ton of vegan recipes, but I don't think that you need to be a vegan to love it (I'm not). It's just healthy, natural stuff and the girl who writes it is really charming.

That's about it for now. I'm roasting another chicken this week, so I'll have a 101 update soon.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Header Image by Colorpiano Illustration