Saturday, March 6, 2010

Grrr

Well, that was just pointless. I woke up this morning to warmer temperatures than we've had in months and thought to myself "why don't I go for a run outside?" So I had breakfast (too much, it turns out) and my car actually started (it's been having battery problems) and I drove myself to Swain's Lock on the C&O Canal. And I started running. And I realized after a minute and a half that it wasn't happening. I haven't run outside in a while and despite still managing to exercise five times a week, I feel out of shape. So my lungs start burning, because while it's not that cold, it's still cold. Then my nose starts running, and it's hard to blow your nose and run at the same time. Then I get a side cramp because I had a fried egg sandwich before I decided to go running. I am nothing if not intelligent in my preparations. So I walk. And run for two minutes, get frustrated, and walk some more. Rinse, repeat. And I go about a mile, and that's when I said "screw it" and turned around, because the whole time I'm also thinking about whether my car will start back up or whether I will have to hike a mile back up the road to call for a rescue, and that is not conducive to a relaxing run. So I just drove 40 minutes to run for 15 minutes. Awesome. I remember when I started running and two miles was a big accomplishment. Now it's just cause to be cranky. At least the car started.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Header Image by Colorpiano Illustration