Friday, March 19, 2010

New Resolve

So it's the 19th of March. Whatever. I feel like now is the time to check in on the old New Year's Resolutions. In no particular order:

1. Get a four pack. I'm working on the two pack right now with the help of intervals and my new favorite workout DVD (One on One with Jackie Warner). I know some people don't find muscular women sexy, and I'm certainly not looking to end up like Madonna, but I think great abs are hot. And I will have my own, darn it.

2. Find a damn job. Yeah, this is basically going the way it's been going. I work on it, but it's hard right now. It'll happen though.

3. Finally quit smoking. I've smoked for a long time, and for the most part, I don't anymore. I'm fine for months or weeks or whatever and then my friend from downstairs calls me to come outside, or I go to a bar, or boyfriend and I get cranky with each other and I'm right back where we started. I run, dammit, and resolution #4 isn't going to happen if I don't woman up and knock it the heck off.

4. Run a half marathon. Running 13 miles is sort of unfathomable, but at the same time I know that I can do it. The only thing stopping me is just signing up, because then I can't back out. I am an expert backer-outer, but races are expensive, and I am also totally cheap.

5. Stop tanning myself into oblivion. I'm not saying I've ever been Jersey Shore tan or anything (not that I have ever watched the show, but those morons are unavoidable), but I'm mostly Scottish and Irish, thus fair and freckly, and I lay out wayyyyy too much. I need to stop. First step, finding a nice self tanner that doesn't turn me orange. This does not mean that I'll be passing up my lovely new pool; it just means that I'll be wearing sunscreen this time. And SPF 4 doesn't count, even if it does have antioxidants.

6. Stick up for myself. I've spent most of my life letting people walk all over me. Not all people, obviously. I have some amazing friends who are loyal and wonderful and don't make me take all of the blame when we have fights, and they're fantastic. But then there are the people to whom I consistently give too much leeway, be they friends or cranky customer service reps, and I will no longer allow people to stamp "Welcome" on my forehead and take whatever they want. It's not going awesomely so far, but at least I finally honk at people who cut me off in traffic. So there.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Header Image by Colorpiano Illustration